Math 246H Grading Policies, Fall 2000
Your course grade will be based on the sum of your scores on the three
in-class exams (maximum of 100 points each), the Final Exam (maximum
of 200 points), your 10 best homework scores (maximum of 15 points
each), and your six Matlab projects (maximum of 25 points each). The
maximum total score possible for the course is 800 points. The point
cutoffs for course grades will be no higher (and will most likely be
lower) than those set forth in the following table:
720 points (90%) for a grade of ``A'';
Qualitative factors such as your class participation will also be
taken into account when determining your course grade.
640 points (80%) for a grade of ``B'';
560 points (70%) for a grade of ``C'';
480 points (60%) for a grade of ``D''.
The course grade of ``I'' will be awarded only if all the following
conditions are met:
- You have completed all but a small portion of the required work.
- You have an average grade of ``D'' or better on the work completed.
- You have a valid reason for not completing the course on time.
- You agree to make up the material within a short period of time.
- You ask for the incomplete no later than the day after the final