AMSC 698L Grading Policies, Fall 2012
Your course grade will be based on the sum of your scores on your
two written assignments worth a maximum of 100 points each.
There will be no exams. The maximum total score possible for the course
is 200 points.
The point cutoffs for course grades will be no higher
(and could be lower) than those set forth in the following table:
170 points (85%) for a grade of A
Qualitative factors such as your class participation will also be
taken into account when determining your course grade.
140 points (70%) for a grade of B
110 points (55%) for a grade of C
The course grade of I will be awarded only if all the following
conditions are met:
- You have completed all but a small portion of the required work.
- You have an average grade of C or better on the work completed.
- You have a valid reason for not completing the course on time.
- You agree to make up the material within a short period of time.
- You ask for the incomplete no later than the last day of class.